Press coverage of the LPDD project and the book Legal Pathways to Deep Decarbonization in the United States:
How to solve climate change? There are a thousand answers, The Hill, March 20, 2019
Environmental lawyers fight fire with fire, adopt ALEC’s methods to tackle climate change, Think Progress, April 1, 2019
‘This is how to build it’: Book aims to provide a legal guide to decarbonization, Energy News, April 18, 2019
Wanted: ‘Legion of lawyers’ to fight climate change, E&E News, April 24, 2019
How Lawyers Can Help Save The Planet, Law 360, May 21, 2019
LAW: Big firms become climate advocates, E&E News, January 7, 2020
The Role of Lawyers in Decarbonizing Society, Stanford Law Review Vol. 72, April 2020
- Sustainable Future CLE with the Oregon Bar Association: On April 23, 2021, members of the LPDD team presented on their work and opportunities for lawyers to get involved drafting, peer reviewing, and providing outreach for our model law project. The one hour presentation is available to view on Youtube.
- Presentation to the Law Firm Sustainability Network: On April 14, 2021, members of the LPDD team spoke with the Law Firm Sustainability Network on opportunities to get involved in the model law drafting process. LSFN recorded the webinar audio, which you can listen to on their podcast.
- LPDD Conversation with Davis Wright Tremaine. On April 9th, members of the LPDD team met with project contributors from the firm Davis Wright Tremaine to discuss the project, and Davis Wright Tremaine’s contributions to our model laws. The conversation is available to view on Vimeo.
- Rewiring Law to Fight Climate Change: On September 23, 2020, Michael Gerrard presented the LPDD project on a panel organized by the Chancery Lane Project. The Chancery Lane Project and LPDD are two complementary efforts that lawyers can support to help write model laws and contracts to support decarbonization. This event explored the role that New York lawyers can play in fighting climate change through both of these projects. It is available to view on Youtube.
- Bay Area Chapter Climate Reality Webinar: On July 30, 2020, Michael Gerrard, John Dernbach, and Jordan Gerow held a webinar with the Climate Reality Project’s Bay Area Chapter, presenting about the LPDD text, model law project, and website. The recorded webinar is a good introduction to the project and how to use LPDD.org to search model laws on different topics. It is available to view on Youtube.